Ravichandran Ashwin is already in the bad books of many after he “mankaded” Joss Buttler in the 13th over of an IPL encounter. The whole cricketing world is now divided by two different opinions and it’s time for Rahul Dravid, one of the most disciplined cricketers to have ever played the game, to step in.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has received a lot of hate online for his act.
- There have been trolls targeting Ashwin’s family online.
- According to an interview with the TOI, Rahul Dravid said that the run out was well with the rules of the game.
- But he also pointed out that
personallyhe would have warned the batsman first.
- As far as the negativity surrounding the issue is concerned, he said that people can agree or disagree with what happened but casting aspersions on someone’s character and calling him a cheater is not the right way to go about it.
- When asked what he felt about law 41.16, he said:
“Tomorrow if you don’t have the law, you can have somebody standing five feet outside the crease. So how do you make sure that someone doesn’t take advantage? The law is there for a reason and how you choose to use it is a tricky one.”
You can’t help but agree with him.