Manchester United have been in scintillating form under new boss Ole Gunner Solskjaer and had the advantage of playing at Old Trafford in the first leg of the Round of 16
- The first half was a cagey affair as it ended 0-0 with PSG looking the better of the two sides.
- PSG looked threatening right from the start of the second half and the
break throughultimately came from Presnel Kimpembe on the 53-minute mark.
- Kimpembe guided home a brilliantly taken corner kick from Angel Di Maria with his left foot to give PSG the lead.
- Soon after, PSG doubled their lead through Kylian Mbappe who tapped in a measured cross from Angel Di Maria.
- Manchester United failed to make a comeback as their attacking line was well monitored by the PSG defenders.
- Paul Pogba was sent off in the dying stages of the game and will miss the
all importantsecond leg.
- The match ended 2-0 in favour of PSG and brought an end to Solskjaer’s undefeated run since taking charge of Manchester United.
In the other game of the night, Roma hosted Porto at the Stadio Olimpico. Looking at the two teams on paper Roma went into the match as clear favourites while Porto hoped to cause a major upset.
- The first half ended 0-0 between the two sides as the two teams failed to break the deadlock.
- In the second half, Nicolo Zaniolo scored twice to give Roma a two goal lead over Porto.
- Porto pulled one back through Adrian Lopez in the 79th minute.
- But they failed to find the equalizer which ended their undefeated run in the Champions League this season.
PSG and Roma clerly look favourites to advance to the quarters but the game is not really over until it really is.