There are only 100 days left for the biggest event in cricket, the ICC Cricket World Cup, to begin and it would not be wrong to say that India are in with a great chance. Virat Kohli’s men are in scintillating form and would be donning a whole new kit in the mega event.
- According to news18, India unveiled their new kit for the World Cup yesterday on March 1, 2019.
- Current skipper Virat Kohli and former skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni were seen sporting the brand new jersey.
- Indian cricketers Ajinkya Rahane and Prithvi Shaw were also present at the event.
- India women’s T20 skipper Harmanpreet Kaur and young starlet Jemimah Rodrigues were too seen wearing the new blue at the launch.
- The jersey has been made up of recycled material.
- The previous Indian kit was made up of recycled plastic but this time it’s polyester that has been recycled.
- Virat Kohli said at the launch:
“Similar to millions of Indians across the country, this team embodies a fearless spirit that we truly believe in and that’s what the world sees every time we step into the field”
“Over the years, our cricket has evolved – the way we approach games and embrace situations are different but what stands out is the confidence in our individual skills and our commitment to succeed as a team. This new team kit is a testament to our style of play, it is inspired by us and the new India”
- The World Cup starts from May 30, 2019.
- India will face South Africa in their first match on June 6, 2019 at Southampton.
The new kit looks absolutely stunning. Let us know your views!