The #MeToo movement in Bollywood exposed a lot of people in the industry and one shocking name that came out in the process was that of veteran actor Alok Nath. The actor was accused by ‘Tara’ producer Vinita Nanda who claimed that Alok Nath sexually violated her. Accusations from Himani Shivpuri, Sandhya Mridul, Navneet Nishan from the crew of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hai’ also followed against Alok.
- This led to an expulsion from CINTAA and a 6 month ban of the actor but he was granted bail after that by a sessions court in Mumbai.
- Ironically now, according to Mumbai mirror, the actor is all set to star in a movie named #MainBhi (#MeToo in Hindi).
- He surprisingly plays a judge in the movie who takes a strong stand against sexual harassment.
- This is what he had to say about the film:
“I’m not doing any films at the moment. This was something I shot for a while ago. Is there a problem? You sound sad that I’m doing a film. It’s a puny role for poor producers, let it release.”
- lead actor of the film Khalid Siddiqui also revealed that Alok Nath, who has been seen mostly in ‘sanskaari’ roles till now, will be seen giving a speech about how molestation is wrong at the end of the movie.
- He said:
“The film deals with child molestation, a subject that hasn’t been tapped on screen often, particularly with regard to boys. My character, along with the other, are affected by incidents that change our lives. We hope the film starts a debate on the subject.”
- The movie also stars Shawar Ali, Imran Khan, Mukesh Khanna, Shahbaz Khan, and Sonali Raut.
- The movie is directed by Nasir Khan and was shot in Bhopal.
- A tweet against the casting of the actor in such a sensitive story was also posted from the #MeTooIndia official Twitter account.
Shocking to say the least! Let us know your views regarding the same.