Everything has an expiry date. Nothing lasts forever and today in the world of advancement there is always a space for the new. Speaking in the same context, Maruti Suzuki has decided to discontinue one of it’s longest running models, marking the end of an era.
- We are talking about Maruti Suzuki’s “Gypsy” that has been discontinued.
- The run of the Gypsy comes to an end after 34 years.
- The Gypsy was launched in the year 1985 and is one of the oldest models to go on sale in India.
- It is also one of the longest running production cars India.
- The car now fails to match the safety norms which has been the main issue that led to the discontinuation.
- The car does not pass the crash test norms of April and October 2019.
- Maruti needed to change the model completely from scratch if the car had to continue.
- Apart from this the reason for discontinuation was the company going into loss for low productivity.