It is a sad day for all of us Indians as Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar is no more with us. He passed away last night after a long battle with cancer and it is a big loss for the whole country.
- Parrikar, who was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer had been in and out of hospitals in Goa, Mumbai, Delhi
andNew York since last February.
- He was seen wearing medical paraphernalia – a nasogastric tube after returning from New York.
- Parrikar led a coalition government, which is backed by the Goa Forward Party (GFP), the Maharashtravadi Gomantak Party (MGP), and three independent lawmakers in Goa.
- With the demise of chief minister Manohar Parrikar, the BJP-led coalition in Goa has to search for a new leader to replace him.
- It will also necessitate a fourth
bypollin Goa, where by-elections are scheduled for the Shiroda, Mandrem andMapusa assembly constituencies on April 23.
- According to ANI,
has announced national mourning on March 18. centre Statefuneral will be accorded to him and National Flag will fly at half-mast in the National Capital & capitals of States & UTs.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.