Our honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation saying, the Indian scientists have gained ssuccess in their undertaking named “Mission Shakti”.
- ‘Mission Shakti’ was coordinated by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval along with other officers of the National security council.
- The low-earth orbit satellite (LEO), an anti-satellite weapon was 300 km away in space, was shot down within just 3 minutes with the anti-satellite missile.
- The main work of the anti-satellite missiles are to dismantle such satellites which come in the way of strategic military successes.
- Using modern scientific and technical approaches, India has positioned itself as the 4th largest space power in the world after Russia, USA, and China.
After the US, Russia, and China, India becomes 4th nation to possess an ASAT weapon.
- The aim of the program was to safeguard the national security of the country along with assured technical and scientific advancement of India.
- Here’s the video:
We know you are proud. So are we!