The Jerry Slocum Mechanical Puzzle Collection in Indiana, US houses the rarest kinds of mechanical puzzles, manuscripts and books including Queen Elizabeth I’s Great Seal and an early printed copy of “The Star Spangled Banner.”
- The Library is named after Jerry Slocum, who started donating his personal collection since 2006.
- The Library now consists of more than 34,000 mechanical puzzles.
- There is an online database which lets the users select their puzzles according to the creation, designer, or classification.
- The oldest item is a 15th-century Khmer iron lock from Cambodia that contains trick locks and keys.
- The visitors are encouraged to grab any puzzle and start playing,with the exception of a few puzzles which are being conserved.
The Library not only conserves but also promotes the traditional use of puzzles for entertainment as well as for security purposes.