The world is filled with extraordinary talents. Some human beings are blessed with exceptional abilities that we have never imagined in our wildest dreams. Here’s one such artist who is exceptional at what he does and perhaps the only one with such a gorgeous skill.
- The artist we are talking about is a Greek-
Americnman named Michael Papadakis.
- He uses unconventional materials to create stunning artwork.
- And these include a piece of wood, a magnifying glass, and the sun’s rays.
- He was quoted as saying by the National Herald:
“I wanted to become a traveler and an artist, but I didn’t want to carry all the weight of my equipment in my backpack”
- That’s the reason why he started a technique called “heliography” which involves burning wood with the help of sunlight to create artwork.
- He began doing this in 2012 and formed his own company named
- He explains on his website:
“After my return to the States in 2013, I moved to Colorado and began experimenting with different forms of Sunlight. To my amazement, I discovered that refracted sunlight (sunlight passing through a lens) and reflected sunlight (sunlight reflecting off a mirror) had very different characteristics of one another… All this experimentation led me to believe that even sunlight can have multiple personalities, even if it comes from the same source”
- Papadakis, now, creates artwork, holds live shows and teaches the art of heliography to anyone willing to learn.
- His videos are viral on social media.
- He says on Instagram:
“I can honestly say I understand this art form more than ever now. It’s a process & and is very labor intensive requiring patience and confidence”
Isn’t that stunning?