It was an incredible night of football as Manchester United and Porto did turn the tide in their respective fixtures to progress into the next round of the UEFA Champions League.
- Manchester United had a mountain to climb as they faced PSG away at the Parc des Princes after losing 2-0 to them at Old Trafford.
- An early Romelu Lukaku goal in the 2nd minute of the game made them believe that they can achieve the impossible.
- PSG equalized to through Juan Bernat and they looked more likely to progress with their offensive game on point.
- But a Gianluigi Buffon mistake helped Lukaku to score his second and surprisingly Manchester United just needed one more goal to advance into the next stages.
- Though PSG looked more likely to score the next goal, the big moment of the match came in stoppage time when a VAR review handed Manchester United a penalty.
- A Diogo Dalot shot hit the hand of a jumping Kimpembe and the penalty decision was highly controversial.
- But credit goes to a young Marcus Rashford who kept his calm and scored from the penalty spot to eliminate PSG of the competition.
- In the other game of the night Porto hosted AS Roma after losing the first leg 2-1 to the Italian side.
- They too had a tough task in hand but Francisco Soares got them going in the first half with his opener.
- Roma captain Daniele de Rossi cancelled out Porto’s goal and it was the Italian side who looked favourites to go through.
- But Porto’s Moussa Marega had other plans and he took the game to extra time as he successfully got to the end of a curling cross from Jesus Corona.
- In the 116th minute of the game, Roma’s Alessandro Florenzi was penalized for dragging Fernando back.
- A penalty was handed to Porto after a VAR review and Alex Telles sealed the tie from the penalty spot.
This was undoubtedly the best night of football in this season’s UEFA Champions league.