The whole of the cricketing world has been divided after Ravichandran Ashwin “mankaded” Joss Buttler in the IPL. While this has raised a lot of questions on the Indian spinner’s sportsmanship, in another part of the world, 14-year-old Galatasaray Under-14 captain showed us what it actually means.
- Galatasaray Under-14 captain intentionally missed a penalty after being awarded wrongly against Istanbulspor.
- With his side leading 1-0 five minutes before half-time, Beknaz Almazbekov cut from inside the left but fell without much of a contact.
- Going by the replay, the 13-year-old lost his balance.
- Despite protests from the opposition team, the penalty decision stood.
- But the skipper kicked the ball out of play when he was given the chance to double the lead from the penalty spot.
- Istanbulspor players clapped and shook his hands for the act of sportsmanship.
- Here’s the video of the incident:
Galatasaray went on to win the match 3-0.