The football world has been totally shaken with the disappearing of the plane carrying Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson while they were on their way to Cardiff. According to the latest news we had, a body was seen amidst the wreckage but was yet to be identified. Here’s an update on the same:
- As per NDTV, the body seen amidst the wreckage has been successfully recovered.
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said to the CNN:
“Following extensive visual examination of the accident site using the remotely operated vehicle (ROV), it was decided to attempt recovery operations.”
- It further stated:
“In challenging conditions, the AAIB and its specialist contractors successfully recovered the body previously seen amidst the wreckage.”
- The AAIB did not specify whether the body was Sala’s or the pilot’s.
- The body has been carried to the Isle of Portland and would be sent to the Dorset coroner.
- Going by the statement, crews could not recover the wreckage of the Piper Malibu at this time because of weather conditions.