Australia’s Big Bash League is one of the most exciting T20 leagues in the world and there are no two ways about it. From moments which were absolutely breathtaking to moments which the batters and bowlers would love to forget, the BBL has gave us the right doze of entertainment we had expected. Here’s one such bizarre incidents of the BBL:
- The encounter was between Melbourne Renegades and Hobart Hurricanes.
- In an over that the Hurricanes would love to get off their brains, Australian pacer Riley Meredith gave away 17 runs of just 1 ball.
- It was the first over and the Hurricanes, who were defending 183 runs, gave Meredith the responsibility to get some early wickets.
- His first three deliveries were on point giving away just 3 runs but the Aussie lost his composure from the fourth.
- Bowling a overstep no ball on the fourth, he came back with a wide on the 5th which slipped past the wicketkeeper for a four.
- On the 6th, Meredith, who overstepped again, was smashed for a boundary and the following delivery suffered the same fate as well.
- He finally bowled a legal one after four attempts and managed to get off the bowler’s end giving away a run.
- His first over figures looked like: 0, 0, 1, 1nb, 5wd, 5nb, 5nb, 1, 4lb.
- He was taken for 23 runs in the over.
- Here’s the video of the hilarious over:
That will take some beating.