Since the start of the #MeToo movement a lot of people in the industry have been exposed. The movement, which was started in Bollywood by Tanushree Dutta, has given many women the courage to come out and share their stories so that the accused don’t get away with it. Now, another actor, Tina Datta, has spoken up about her own experiences.
- According to india.com, Tina Datta has spoken up on how her co-star Mohit Malhotra has been continuously harassing her on the sets of their TV show, Daayan.
- Previously, she had told that she asked help for the production team to intervene and get the matter sorted.
- But now, the actor has revealed the entire story in an interview with Spotboye.
- She said that despite regular warnings, Mohit Malhotra has been continuously harassing her in front of everyone.
- She also alleged that Mohit takes advantage of the intimate scenes and tries to get away by saying that it’s a demand for his role.
“He would say that his character demands that he should keep his hand here and there. There was a big showdown on the set. It happened at Klick Nixon Studios, when were shooting for a hospital scene. Some media people were also there and they saw this.”
- She termed Mohit Malhotra as a “hooligan”.
“There are some people on set who want to behave as hooligans. Mohit Malhotra is one such. He had been warned once, but he did not change. In fact, things became worse. I spoke to the Creative Head too.”
- She said that she has done intimate scenes before but this is the first time she has been feeling uncomfortable. She praised actor Hiten Tejwani for being too cautious while lifting her up in a scene.
“I have done rape scenes, romantic scenes and intimate scenes before in my career, but never faced something like this with anyone before. He is so annoying. He is so frustrated. Nobody gives excuses like him that woh scene mein bahek gaya tha. He can’t say he got carried away. He was obviously doing it deliberately. It is so clear if a girl is uncomfortable, you can understand from her body language. Shouldn’t you reciprocate and make her at ease instead? I remember working with Hiten Tejwani, what a gentleman he is! Whenever he had to touch me, he would ask if I was okay with that. I remember once he had to lift me and he did it with so much grace.”
- However the actor showed faith in the production team and hoped for a better working environment. She also said that she doesn’t want Mohit to be ousted from the show.
This needs to stop. It’s high time.