Though social networking sites have come as a boon to humanity in more ways than one, there are always two sides of a coin. And hence, social media platforms also come with negatives, which cannot be denied. To be honest, the world of social media is actually a story, absolutely different from reality.
To address the concern, Bollywood actor Rohit Roy took to Instagram to share a powerful post. Here are the details:
- Rohit recently went to Ahmedabad for a Ted Talk where he met young millennials who were around 15-16 years of age.
- The 50-year-old also got an opportunity to listen to their stories.
- However, after listening to their stories, Rohit was amazed and disturbed to know the adverse effects of social media on today’s generation.
- The ‘Kaabil’ actor went on to give an example of a kid who refused to come out of his room after feeling left out of the activities of his friends after school and on vacations.
- Sharing another story, Rohit said that a young boy had decided to take hormones at a young age of 16 after seeing a bare body picture of one of his schoolmates on social media.
- In a bid to make the youth understand, the Nagpur-born actor shared two shirtless pictures of himself.
- While the first picture showed a toned body of himself, the other one highlighted his look when he is not working.
- With the message, he tried to make children understand that everybody tries to be at their best on social media which is poles apart from reality.
- To end the note, he asked everyone not to let social media take a toll on them.