People who follow Bollywood closely are no stranger to the fact that Kangana Ranaut likes to get into controversies. But at the same time she is a woman who stands up for what she believes. A few days ago she slammed Alia Bhatt for not supporting her film Manikarnika and now it seems she might have just sparked another one with her recent comments about Ranbir Kapoor.
- According to NDTV, Kangana Ranaut has slammed actor Ranbir Kapoor for not taking a stand on the country’s politics and other issues.
- Ranbir had told in an old interview that he is not interested in politics and it does not make any difference in his life.
- But it seems Kangana did not forget the interview which did not go down well with her and slammed Ranbir during the success party of Manikarnika on Sunday.
- Kangana was asked at the party if she planned to join politics or to participate in an election campaign.
- Kangana replied:
“I don’t have any intention to join politics or an election campaign of a political party. Many people feel that I want to enter politics but that’s not true. There are few actors in our industry like Ranbir Kapoor where he has been seen talking in an interview that ‘We have
regularsupply of water and electricity at my home so, why should I comment about politics?’ But I feel because of this country’s people you are living in your luxurious home and you are travellingin your Mercedes so, how can you talk like that? This is irresponsible behaviourand I am not that kind of person.”
- Kangana strongly said if expressing her opinion on certain issues impacts her film career, she is okay with it.
“If talking about politics can hamper my career then let it be. I also have regular supply of water and electricity at my home but that doesn’t mean that I will not talk about other issues. This has to change and the media should change that”
- She further added:
“I feel you shouldn’t distance yourself from issues of the country. In a democracy, you should speak about how the government has performed and also speak about your political inclination as a youth of this country. You cannot say why should I talk about politics when I get all the facilities. I don’t understand why they think of their career so much that they don’t have anything to do with their own country?”
- She will be next seen in Mental Hai Kya opposite Rajkumar Rao.
- She will also star in Ashwini Iyer Tiwari’s Panga where she will be acting alongside Punjabi singer Jassi Gill, Richa Chadha, Pankaj Tripathi and Neena Gupta.
Now wait till Ranbir Kapoor replies!