There is no second question about how versatile an actor Deepika Padukone is. With every new release she leaves the audience mesmerized by her beautiful acting skills. Recently, her makeover for her upcoming film has created a big hype among her fan followers.
- Deepika has been presently shooting for Meghna Gulzar directorial Chhapaak, playing the role of Malti.
- Deepika has decided to leave no stone unturned in narrating the story of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal and has been giving a lot of effort to make this movie a success.
- The paparazzi caught Deepika shooting ina busy open market in a city in New Delhi on Tuesday. Wearing a yellow salwar kameez she was unidentifiable and yet nailed her look.
- Deepika had posted the poster of her upcoming movie in March, captioning it as “A character that will stay with me forever…#Malti”.
- The film is based on the real life story of a hero, named Laxmi Agarwal who survived an acid attack at the age of 15. She was attacked by a man and his two friends because she refused to marry the former.
- Since the incident, she has been campaigning against acid attacks on women and the need to ban the sale of acid.
- She founded an organisation called Stop Sale Acid to achieve this goal. Laxmi Agarwal was bestowed with the 2014 International Women of Courage award by the then US First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Chhapaak, a Meghna Gulzar directorial, marks Deepika Padukone’s project as a producer. She is co-producing the film under her prducation company Ka Productions. The movie is dated to release on 10th of January the next year.
Way to go!