When we think of actors who perform their roles with utmost perfection, Aamir Khan tops the list any day. But apart from acting, Aamir is also inclined towards becoming a director and we could guess that when he directed Taare Zameen Par.
- Aamir Khan made his directorial debut with Taare Zameen Par.
- And now he has opened up about his love for directing films.
- According to news 18, he said will stop acting when he becomes a full-fledged director.
- But as of now, he wants to focus on acting.
“I am inclined towards filmmaking and I coincidentally directed Taare Zameen Par. I have been in love with filmmaking and acting and I can’t alienate the two but what I can say right now is that I began my career as an actor and it excites me. The moment I become a full-fledged filmmaker I will stop acting. Right now, I don’t want to stop acting, that’s why I am holding back the director inside me”
- As a producer, Aamir has backed films like Lagaan, Taare Zameen Par, Jaane Tu Yaha Jaane Na, Peepli Live, Dhobi Ghat, Delhi Belly, Talaash, Dangal and Secret Superstar.
- He aims to make good scripts and has clearly pointed out that money making his not his agenda.
“I had not thought at what pace I will make films. Usually, people make films with their production houses for business. That is not our first agenda. Creativity is our agenda. Till the time we don’t get a good script, we don’t make it into a film”
- Aamir also did not rule out his Hollywood aspirations as he is ready to work anywhere if there’s a good opportunity.
“For me, as an actor, what is important is what the film is all about and what it is trying to say. It should excite me as an actor. It is not important that it should have a social message.”
“It does not matter which part of the world it originates from. If someone from Japan or Africa offers me something and if I get excited, I will do it. But I don’t have a fascination for Hollywood”
- In the work front the actor has announced his next project, Lal Singh Chaddha, an official adaptation of Tom Hanks’ 1994 film Forrest Gump.
We all want him to direct films, don’t we?