The whole of India is in a situation of grief as 44 CRPF personnel were martyred in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday when a terrorist attacked with an explosive-laden vehicle into one of the buses of the convoy of the security forces. Read the details of the attack below:
- According to PTI, Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Going by the words of the police, the terrorist is said to be Adil Ahmad Dar alias Waqas commander from Kakapora in Pulwama.
- As a result,
UShas asked Pakistan to immediately end ‘support and ‘safe haven’ to all terror groups operating on its soil after Pulwama attack.
- There were 350 kgs of explosives in the Scorpio SUV driven from Kakapora in Pulwama by local Kashmiri Adil Ahmad.
- The attack took place after an explosive-laden vehicle attacked
onof the buses of the convoy.
- The convoy with more than 78 vehicles was
travellingfrom Jammu to Srinagar.
- The convoy headed towards Srinagar around 3:30 am and should have reached
it’sdestination before sunset.
- As there was no movement in the highway for the last two to three days due to bad weather and other administrative reasons, the number of personnel
travellingback to the valley was high.
were2500 personnel in the convoy whereas usuallythe number counts up to 1000.
ministerRajnath Singh spoke to DG CRPF RR Bhatnagar after the attack.
- J&K police are in charge of the investigation and
post blastanalysis are being carried out at the spot.
- The blast was heard from 10-12
kmsaway which indicates the power of the explosives.