Patriarchy has gone down to the roots of the societies of different countries not only making women submissive but sacrificing them for their own advantage, for time immemorial. It is not only India that continues to visualize the harassment of women daily, but also Pakistan where women are equally amenable to the men’s demands.
- Asma Aziz, a woman of Lahore, was presumably tortured brutally by her own husband and three of his colleagues.
- Her head was shaved
of completely,when she refused to dance for her husband’s friends and was tormented.
22 year oldmother, uploaded a video graphically describing how she had been tortured and harassed both by her husband’s friend and her husband. Asma said in her statement:
“My husband brought two of his friends over to our house and asked me to drink alcohol and dance for them. When I refused, my husband, Faisal, tied my feet and started to torture me.”
- Asma said in her statement that the three friends namely Rashid, Amjad and Farzana were present at their house at the commission of the incident. She said:
“When I tried to run out of the house, my husband hit with a manhole cover. My husband shaved my head. My friend came over and took me to the police station. When we asked the police officials to conduct a medical examination they asked for Rs 5,000.”
- Asma recorded her statement before a judicial magistrate in Lahore. She also said:
“The police neither gave a report nor conducted a medical examination. I walked out of the police station crying as they did not cooperate”
- Asma’s husband Faisal has been detained and he claimed that both of them were under the influence of drugs when this incident occurred. He also revealed how they were addicted to ice heroin and had several domestic issues that were unresolved.
- On Asma’s complaint and her filing a case, the police has successfully arrested Mian Faisal, the husband of Asma.
We hope that Mian Faisal gets the punishment he deserves.