We as travellers often complain about the cleanliness of the railway stations in our country. We always feel that the railway stations are not as well maintained as the airports in the country. But the good news is that the process of revamping the railway stations have already started.
- The first station that has been revamped is the New Delhi railway station.
- It was revamped recently by the Indian Railways and it looks awesome.
- The entire station building has been painted with vibrant colours.
- The changes have been done on the Paharganj side entry of the railway station.
- Not only this but the railway station now has various passenger-friendly amenities and modern facilities such as LCD displays, escalators and LED lights.
- The Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC), a special purpose vehicle for revamping and developing railway stations will invest about ₹7,500 crore, for redeveloping close to 50 railway stations across India.
- To add to the beauty of the stations, it will include paintings and art along the premises of these railway stations.
- The people on Twitter loved the new look of the station and expressed their feelings for the same.
No more complaints!