The nation has finally got what they wanted as the Pulwama terror attack that martyred 44 CRPF personnel has been avenged. Here is all you need to know about the operation carried out by the Indian Air Force (IAF):
- According to One India, the Indian Air Force carried out a decisive strike in a bid to avenge the Pulwama attack today morning.
- According to sources, the IAF attacked three places – Balakote, Chakothi, and Muzzafarabad.
- Out of the three, the biggest strike was at Balakote which is home to a 7-acre terror camp of the Jaish-e-Mohammad, Maulana Masood Azhar led terror group that was responsible for the Pulwama attack.
- According to sources the IAF used laser-guided bombs, which were used first in Kargil, to destroy these camps.
- Concrete intelligence helped the IAF to identify these camps and then pull off the decisive strike.
- Sources reveal that around 1000 kilograms of bombs were dropped during the operation.
- Along with the three pads of Jaish-e-Mohammad, the control rooms of Jaish-e-Mohammad were also destroyed.
- Nearly 200 to 300 terrorists have been killed.
- Apart from Mirage 2000s, drones and early warning jets were also used to carry out the operation.
- India crossed the LoC for the first time since 1971 to attack Balakote, which is about 50 km away from the LoC.
PULWAMA AVENGED! JAI HIND!