Tension seems to be increasing between India and Pakistan as there was an aerial engagement between the two countries today morning. Here’s all you need to know about the same:
- According to Hindustan Times, today morning Pakistani jets violated the Indian airspace to target military installations on the Indian side.
- According to Pakistan, they had shot down two Indian fighter jets this morning and also claims to have captured two Indian air force pilots.
- The Pakistan Army also released a video that shows a blindfolded man, identifying himself as a Wing Commander-rank IAF officer and his service number.
- Foreign Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar confirmed the Pakistan attack saying:
“The Pakistan Air Force was detected and the Indian Air Force responded instantly”
- The IAF shot down one Pakistani fighter in this aerial engagement.
indiaalso lost a MiG 21 fighter in the aerial engagement and also the pilot.
- Pakistan claims that the pilot is in their custody.
- Raveesh Kumar along with Air Vice Marshal RGK Kapoor addressed the media today at 3:15 PM in New Delhi.
- They have now confirmed that one MiG 21 and one pilot is missing.
- Raveesh Kumar said in his statement:
“One Pakistan Air Force fighter aircraft was shot down by Indian Air Force. In this engagement we have lost one MiG 21. Pilot is missing in action. Pakistan claims he is in their custody. We are ascertaining the facts.”
- Here’s the full statement:
- Read it here:
We hope that the pilot is safe.