Amidst the ongoing tension between India and Pakistan, Imran Khan, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, has given a very sensible speech, asking India for dialogue. Here are the details:
- Imran Khan’s televised statement came after Pakistan and India got involved in an aerial engagement on Wednesday morning.
- The former cricketer said in his statement that their action was a message to India that Pakistan too has the ability to enter into Indian territories just as India did to destroy three Jaish-e-Mohammad pads in Pakistan.
- He also expects both the countries to act with wisdom.
“Our action was only intended to convey that if you can come into our country, we can do the same… Two of their MiGs were shot down (in the ensuing action). From here, it is imperative that we use our heads and act with wisdom”
- Imran Khan also made it clear that if this continues, it may lead to a situation which would go out of control of both him and Modi.
“I ask India: With the weapons you have and the weapons we have, can we really afford a miscalculation? If this escalates, it will no longer be in my control or in Modi’s.”
- He invited India for dialogue and expects India to be sensible in taking a decision.
“We invite you for dialogue… better sense must prevail”
- Here’s a look at the video:
There are lot of people who were demanding war after the Pulwama attack took place. But let’s just be sensible and think for once that war is not a solution to this problem. It would only lead to more destruction. Imran Khan must be praised here for his words and we believe India too will act wisely.