In Madhya Pradesh’s Sagar district, a 12-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped and then beheaded by her three brothers and uncle. Police have got hold of four of the accused along with the girl’s aunt who put the blame on the girl’s
- According to Hindustan Times, the minor girl was reported missing on 13th March and her body and severed head were found the very next day in a field.
- The police had also announced a reward for anybody who could provide information regarding the accused.
- The report adds that the minor girl was gang-raped.
- It was when the girl threatened of reporting this to the police, they strangled her and cut off her head.
- Police Superintendent of Sagar, Amit Sanghi had the information that the girl’s oldest brother was responsible for the crime.
- Since the older brother is absconding, the younger brother was questioned and he admitted raping her sister and murdering her along with his brothers and uncle.
- Sanghi said:
“It appears the elder brother had raped the victim earlier also. On that day everyone was out for work except the elder brother and taking advantage of this he raped his sister.
“While in the act, the other two brothers, including the minor, came and they both raped her. Meanwhile, the girl’s uncle, who is in his late forties, also came by. Initially, he scolded everyone and then he too raped her.”
We want justice for the 12-year-old girl and the accused needs to be punished for their harrowing act.