DTH interoperability has been one of the awaited attribute in the DTH and Cable Tv Industry. Till now, a client needs to purchase a new Set Top Box, if one wishes to change from one DTH operator to the other. With the change of control of the DTH industry, DTH interoperability helps clients to swap operators with ease.
- TRAI is trying to implement DTH interoperability by the end of 2019, according to TRAI Chairman, R.S.Sharma.
- Like the telecom industry, the DTH and cable industry have planned to make their industry an open system where switching operators become simple.
- DTH interoperability is planned out to bring a starring development in the services provided by them. It is an initiative to draw back the consumers to Television from online streaming websites.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) introduced a new web application for DTH and cable TV subscribers for easy estimation of channel subscription and packs. TRAI said that the whole process is analogous to adding items in a shopping cart, towards the end of which, the total price appears.
- The smart Tv sets with Android OS offer more features over a big screen. The OTT platforms allowed the client’s desired content to be linked by only using Wifi network.
- DTH regulations had previously given a way ahead for the OTT platforms which charged lower prices. Hence, the deregulation is sure to make a difference in the cable industry.
This will solve a lot of problems!