The barbaric ragging of the 12 year old boy, Vasu Yadav by his seniors using cricket bats and wickets had desensitized the education fraternity of Dehradun. This incident took place right after the rape incident of a school girl, in another boarding school of Dehradun.
- The crime was reported a day after the incident i.e. on the 11th of March. On Wednesday, more sordid and fetid details came up regarding the case.
- The 12-year boy was buried by the school management in a rush to cover up the entire crime scene. The buried him in the school campus itself right after the doctor declared that the boy was dead.
- The seniors alleged of torturing him belonged to class XII, and both of them were 19 years old.
- The seniors accused him of stealing a packet of biscuit while they were away. They scourged him and poured cold water on him.
- After the beating, the boy passed away and remained in the class room, until the warden found him that evening.
- The Senior superintendent of police let TOI know that, not only were their derilictions on the part of the school, the staff also didn’t find the need to inform the parents of the child who lived in Hapur.
- Instead of taking immediate steps to look after the child’s security, he was taken to the doctor in the evening while the commission of the crime took place in the afternoon.
- The two boys involved in the crime have been booked under Section 302 (murder) and a case has also been registered against the hostel warden, manager and sports teacher under Section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) under IPC.
Can’t get any worse.