We have come across many incidents where a dog has acted as the protective shield of its master. They have been risking their lives to save their master’s and it justifies the saying that they are the most loyal creatures the planet has ever seen. Here’s another of those instances when a dog proved to be the hero:
- The incident took place in Cape Town.
- According to Daily Mail, the dog, named Duke, saved its master from being mugged but got stabbed in the head in the process.
- The dog’s master, Gino Wensel, was out on the road with him when they were stopped by a robber with a knife in the hand.
- Duke immediately started growling at the robber in an attempt to defend his 40-year-old master.
- The robber got scared and brutally stabbed Duke in the head.
- But Duke did not stop growling till the robber ran away.
- He continued growling until he finally collapsed, bleeding heavily.
- Wensel thought Duke had died but immediately got in touch with Animal Welfare Society of South Africa (AWSSA), a charity that cares for animals, when he noticed him breathing.
- It was reported that the blade was three inches well within the dog’s skull.
- The blade bent upon impact and narrowly missed the brain by a few millimetres, hitting the right eye socket instead.
- The charity did not charge Gino for Duke’s treatment as Gino was unemployed and had very little money.
- Duke made a full recovery and the charity excused Wensel saying that they rely on donations and are always available to help those who require the same.
- They also were amazed to see the lovely bond between Duke and Wensel.
- Here’s a video of Duke after he made his full recovery:
We are relieved to see that the valiant dog is now back to normal. May he live long!