With the landmark judgement of 377, the laws have undergone major changes although preserving important laws including laws that will continue to take action against sex with minors, rape and bestiality. It is horrid how even in a progressing country like India, bestiality cases are still being reported, with many people still feeling that assaults against animals are not offences.
- An incident of bestiality has recently come to
limelight,when a 30 year oldman from Chennai was arrested for sexually assaulting four puppies in an empty ground at Marthurnear Madhavaram.
- According to MIRRORNOWNEWS, t
he personblamed for the offencewas recognized as Bhaskar, a Madhavaram resident, is presumably a persistent offender.
- This ghastly act was viewed by many of the locals of the area who saw him engage in the act while they passed by. Taken aback by his actions, many locals scourged him, yet he managed an escape.
- The surrounding CCTV cameras recorded the henious act. Sai Vignesh, a social activist, lodged a complaint against him.
- Vignesh disclosed the entire scene, where Bhaskar was seen assaulting the four puppies. The exact location of the crime was the second cross street in MMDA colony.
- The accused has been arrested under Section 294 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), charging him of performing obscene acts in public.
- The CCTV footage is being further examined to extract further information about the accused, so he can be presented in a court trial.
These people shall live no more.