Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: 10 point summary
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: 10-point Round-Up:
- Kolkata Knight Riders won the toss at the Eden Gardens and decided to bowl first.
- The decision was made to look bad as former Kiwi international Brendon McCullum went berserk upfront smashing the bowlers all around the park. the batsman fell to Sunil Narine after scoring a crucial 43 runs for the team.
- AB de Villers paired up with Virat Kohli to form a solid partnership. The ‘Superman’ looked at his clinical best as he hammered 5 sixes on his way to 44 of just 23 before losing his wicket.
- With Virat Kohli falling for 31, Bangalore ended their inning at 176/7 which was supposed to cross 200 with the way the visitors were batting at one point in time.
- Coming on to chase the target, KKR lost their talisman Chris Lynn to a brilliant Chris Woakes delivery and an equally stunning ABD catch!
- However, Sunil Narine changed the whole complexion of the match with his sensational display of hitting. the West-Indian set the tone with his 19- ball 50 and paved the way for a comfortable chase.
- Nitish Rana continued his good form from the previous season as he stabilized the middle order.
- Skipper Dinesh Karthik led by example as he scored an unbeaten 35 and took the team home with 6 balls to go.
- Sunil Narine won the Man of the Match award for his quickfire half-century.
- Chris Woakes was the highlight of the men in red bowlers with 3 wickets to his name.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: 176/7
Kolkata Knight Riders: 177/6