Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils, Match 2: 10 point summary
Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils, Match 2: 10-point Round-Up
- Kings XI Punjab skipper Ravichandran Ashwin started the proceedings by winning the toss at Mohali. He chose to bowl.
- Batting first, Delhi daredevils saw a brilliant knock coming from their captain Gautam Gambhir (55) as he maintained his sublime touch in the lucrative league.
- However, foreign recruit Colin Munro, failed to impress on his first IPL outing alongside Shreyas Iyer who also had a rough day with the bat.
- A late surge from South African all-rounder Chris Morris (27 of 16) saw the men in navy and red reach a total of 116/7 in their 20 overs.
- Coming on to chase the target, top buy Lokesh Rahul proved his worth by giving Preity Zinta’s team a solid start. The opener registered 51 runs of just 16 deliveries in a ruthless display of batting which had 4 sixes and six fours.
- After Rahul was picked up by Kiwi pacer Trent Boult, the team suffered a slight blow with veteran batsman Yuvraj Singh falling cheaply.
- With the team always on the driver’s seat, Karun Nair brought up his 50 to take control of the proceedings at Mohali.
- David Miller (24) and Marcus Stoinis (22) remained unbeaten till the end to take the franchise home pretty easily.
- The Delhi bowlers had nothing to boast about as Punjab won the match by 6 wickets
- Lokesh Rahul was declared the Man of The Match for his brilliant firing with the willow.
Delhi Daredevils: 166/7 (20 overs)
Kings XI Punjab: 167/4 (18.5 overs)