Top 10 best quotes of Abraham Lincoln which will inspire you to go an extra mile
It is Abraham Lincoln’s birthday and we want to remember his inspirational quotes and thank him for being himself. Lincoln was the sixteenth President of United States. He served from 1861 to 1865. He was globally known for leading the country through its civil war which was the most brutal, bloodiest war United States has ever witnessed. Not only did he lead the country through war but he also abolished slavery, made the federal government strong and modernized the entire economy. Born February 12, 1809 in Hodgenville, Kentucky in United States Lincoln was the second child of Thomas and Nancy Hanks Lincoln.
In 1860 he was nominated for the President of Republican party position and he swept the north and he was elected in 1861. When the Civil war started and progressed Lincoln himself looked upon the war strategies and tried to enforce peace.
These are the top 10 best quotes of Abraham Lincoln:
1. The secret to success is preparation.
Lincoln believed that if we prepare for what comes after or if we are keen on getting something done, we have to prepare for it and put effort into the work.
2. Impossible is possible.
There is nothing called impossible, there is absurd, but even the absurd is possible. If you want it to be possible it will be, then again, you have to prepare for a sane and better outcome.
3. Create a great reputation.
Lincoln believed that first and foremost the most important thing was to have a good reputation. To be honest, to look honest, to be disciplined and humble.
4. Always improve.
There is always a chance for betterment. There is always a chance to improve oneself and we should always try to be the better version of ourselves and never be satisfied with what you are, always have the want to become a better person.
5. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
It is very important for people to be happy or feel happy or at least have the will to smile on their own. Unless your mind wants to be happy and have happy thoughts how else do you wonder how to be a happy version of yourself?
6. Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
The reputation is what you create and what others perceive but your character is for you to build and that is what is gonna last at the end of the day. Your thoughts and the way you build yourself up for the good of all and with the mindset to do good for all is what is important.
7. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt .
When you don’t know something be the silent listener. Listen to the person with the knowledge and gain what will help you learn better, speaking of things you don’t know anything about will only prove that you are a fool. If you stay quiet and be a patient listener you might just look a fool but no, you will not be one.
8. I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.
Someday you will feel like you don’t know anything and you will feel all your wisdom is insufficient and temporary and you are meant for nothing, but that will only be for a day. The next you will be of work and you will contribute to the better of the world. Don’t stop because today you felt unimportant.
9. I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot.
Lincoln believed that a man who can dedicate himself to silence and discipline is rare in today’s world. People can not hold their tongue and have to interfere. That is why, in a world with these men he wanted to be someone different.
10. In this sad world of ours sorrow comes to all and it often comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible except with time. You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now. I have had enough experience to make this statement.
One person if he has the will to believe that tomorrow will be better shall surpass today’s misery. Unless you believe that you deserve to have a good day and you will, you won’t feel like having a good day at all. You will be accustomed to a miserable life and you will eventually accept it, but that is wrong to do. Believe in a better day to have a better day.
We want to wish the 16th US president who had the will and taste for unity a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.