Sunny Leone turns 37: 10 rare facts about the actress you should know before calling yourself a fan
Bollywood actress Sunny Leone has had her fair share of struggles but has come a long way in her career. The woman who was previously a well-known pornstar has now successfully rooted her spot in the Indian film industry. With her biopic ‘Karenjit’ to hit the theatres very soon, Sunny Leone wishes to take us through her robust journey and we are excited than ever.
Today on 13th May, Sunny Leone celebrates her 37th birthday. The actress was born in Canada and also has an American citizenship.
On the special occasion, let us take a look at some of the rarest of facts about the fashion icon who has been nothing less than an inspiration for many:
1) Sunny Leone’s original choice of career was of a pediatric nurse. She joined the adult film industry at the age of 19.
2) She discovered her bisexuality at the age of 18.
3) Before working in the porn industry, Sunny worked in a German bakery, at Jiffy Lube, and later at a tax and retirement firm.
4) Sunny Leone’s favourite Bollywood actor is Aamir Khan. She still swears by his movie ‘Dil’ which she watched in her early childhood.
5) Sunny was to make her debut in Bollywood with a cameo in the film ‘Kalyug’ but due to her financial expectations of a $1 million, director Mohit Suri retreated. 7 years later, she finally made a debut in Bollywood with ‘Jism 2’.
6) Her favourite beverage is a chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
7) “I informed my parents that I want to be a porn star after I won the Penthouse cover-of-the-year and 100, 000 dollars.” – Sunny Leone revealed in an interview.
8) Sunny Leone dated world-famous comedian Russell Peters for a short while in 2008.
9) She was once engaged to Matt Erikson, the Vice President of marketing at Playboy. Later, she got married to Daniel Weber.
10) In 2010, she was adjudged as one of the 12 top female stars in porn by leading men’s magazine, Maxim.