Robert Nesta Marley, OM was a Jamaican singer-songwriter who became an international musical and cultural icon, blending mostly reggae, ska and rocksteady in his compositions. We don’t need a reason to love Bob Marley, because we have way too many to count.
Today’s 6th February, and guess what? It’s his birthday, and the world just can’t calm down. What’s The Hype pens down some of the favorite Bob Marley quotes of all time. We can never choose 10 among so many, but these 10 quotes just seem right for today, and to be very honest, we love them.
1. “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.”
2. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. … Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
3. “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.”
4. “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.”
5. “Judge not unless you judge yourself”
6. “You have to be someone.”
7. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
8. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!”
9. “He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”
10. “There will never be no love at all.”
11. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.”
12. “Bob Marley isn’t my name. I don’t even know my name yet.”
13. “My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”
14. “One lifetime is not enough to live”
15. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
We can never have enough of Bob Marley and an artist forever remains a part of us through his music and through his art. His quotes, his songs and the beautiful lyrics shall always give us a new meaning to life, and a reason to love him more.
Here’s wishing our Rastafarian a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.