All you need to know in ten points: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
Yesterday, 12th September 2018, saw some big announcements at the big Apple event at the Steve Jobs theater in Cupertino. Much to the happiness of the Apple fans, the organisation gave them more than enough when they announced their three new brilliant smartphones. Yes, you guessed it right. We are talking about Apple’s just-announced iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr.
The two Xs models, when released next week, will fall into the bucket list of every individual as they will become the most powerful smartphones in the world. On another hand, the iPhone Xr will come at a much lesser price and will be perfect for users who want to enjoy the design and features of Apple without spending a large amount.
So today, here in this post we will give you all you need to know about the three new Apple models so that you can choose your phone without any hesitation.
- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max – silver, space gray, and a new polished gold color
- iPhone Xr – white, black, blue, coral, yellow, and red
Even more rugged
- Stronger glass backs
- Equally impressive is a best-in-class IP68 dust-and water-resistance rating on the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
- The iPhone Xr will have an IP67 rating, which matches the iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus from last year.
Upgraded OLED screen on iPhone Xs
- “Super Retina” screens.
- The iPhone Xs features a 5.8-inch OLED display with 2436×1125 resolution and a pixel density of 458 pixels per inch.
- The larger iPhone Xs Max has a 6.5-inch OLED screen with 2688×1242 resolution for the same pixel density of 458 ppi.
Best LCD ever on iPhone Xr
- New “Liquid Retina” display on the Xr is the highest-quality LCD screen ever used on a smartphone.
- It features 1792×828 resolution and 326 ppi.
A12 bionic soc
- A12 Bionic processor.
- It’s an industry-first 7nm chip with a 6-core CPU that has two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores.
- The new 4-core GPU is 50% faster than the A11’s GPU, and there’s an upgraded 8-core neural engine onboard this SoC as well.
- The A12 Bionic can process 5 trillion operations per second, which is up from 600 billion in the A11.
Faster Face ID
- Face ID is better in every way on its new iPhone models thanks to the A12 and an upgraded TrueDepth camera system.
- The 12-megapixel wide-angle and telephoto sensors combine with the new image signal processor (ISP) in the A12 Bionic as well as the upgraded neural engine to provide a camera experience unlike anything we’ve seen before on a smartphone.
- One example is the new Smart HDR feature that enhances typical HDR features by shooting a 4-frame buffer around each photo capture, as well as secondary interframes at different exposures. All of those frames are then automatically combined to optimize colors, shadows, and highlights.
- Portrait Mode also gets a big upgrade with bokeh background blurring that is practically indistinguishable from a DSLR.
- New slider in the image editor that lets you actually edit the depth of field after you’ve captured a photo.
- The iPhone Xr gets a new single-lens rear camera that also offers an impressive photo experience.
- It basically has the same 12-megapixel sensor as the dual-lens camera on the iPhone Xs, but it lacks a second telephoto sensor.
- iPhone Xs will offer 30 minutes of additional battery life per charge compared to the iPhone X from 2017, and the iPhone Xs Max gets an addition hour and a half compared to the iPhone X.
- The iPhone Xr will last an average of 90 minutes longer than last year’s iPhone 8 Plus.
Here’s how pricing looks for the iPhone Xr:
- 64GB: $749
- 128GB: $799
- 256GB: $899
Now, the even more expensive iPhone Xs:
- 64GB: $999
- 256GB: $1,149
- 512GB: $1,399
And finally, the iPhone Xs Max:
- 64GB: $1,099
- 256GB: $1,249
- 512GB: $1,449
- Apple’s two flagship models will be released together next Friday, September 21st, and pre-orders will begin in two days on September 14th.
- The iPhone Xr will then go up for pre-order on October 18th, and it’ll be released one week later on October 26th.