Woman bit by snake breastfeeds baby, family suffers the most tragic ending
A 25-year old woman suffered an unfortunate fate as she lost her life along with her 2-year-old child. The reason behind the deaths was a single snake bite and we will tell you how.
In an incident that took place in Mandla village in the district of Muzaffarnagar, a woman was bitten by a snake. Unaware of the situation, she went on to breastfed her baby which resulted in the death of the child. It was the 2-year-old toddler who gave in to the venom first.
According to TOI, the 25-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh breastfed her daughter without realizing that she had been bitten by a snake. She fell ill on Thursday and both of them died at the hospital.
The snake was spotted by the family in a different room but it managed to find a way out.
As per reports, the incident had taken place at around 4 AM on Thursday morning when the woman, whose name was Parveen, had woken up for ‘Sehri’. Even though the family had bandaged the wound on her hand, they did not seek medical help.
Parveen breastfed the child after approximately two hours of being bitten by the venomous reptile.
India is home to some 300 snake species and 60 are highly venomous, including the Indian cobra, krait, Russell’s viper and saw-scaled viper.
India accounts for 46,000 of the 100,000 snakebite deaths around the world each year, according to a 2011 study by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
A post-mortem is to be carried out but the police have registered a case of accidental death, an officer said.