Negligence of hospital authorities and medical professionals has led to a terrifying accident in Nair Hospital, Mumbai.
32 year old man, Rajesh Maru was holding an oxygen cylinder for one of his elderly relative who was admitted in the Nair Hospital and he was helping her get a scan. The ward boy told him to carry the oxygen cylinder, and there was no security guard to warn him about the consequences or tell him any metal object inside the MRI- Magnetic Resonance Imaging room was prohibited.
Due to lack of authorities, proper administration and advisors in the medical premises, a man had to die a very painful and shocking death.
At 8:30pm on Saturday evening the incident took place. The machine’s massive magnetic force sucked him in and it fatally injured him before he died. It took about two minutes for him to die, and it was painful and very shocking for his relatives. According to them, none of the hospital authorities sent their condolences or accepted their mistake.
Harish Solanki, Maru’s brother in law, said that his mother was admitted in the hospital and Rajesh Maru came to visit her. “…we did not know he would meet such a fate. We all are in shock.”
#Mumbai: Family alleges that their 32-year-old relative died at Nair Hospital due to negligence by hospital staff last night after he was admitted inside MRI room with an oxygen tank; FIR registered against unknown persons under section 304, investigation on. pic.twitter.com/sxAUbsD7ft
— ANI (@ANI) January 28, 2018
Who could imagine such a tragedy in a place where people go to save lives?
While the family blamed the hospital authorities, the hospital authorities have suspended the ward boy.
FIR under section 304A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered on account of this case. The FIR was against unknown persons; the investigation is still going on.
The body of the deceased has been sent for postmortem in JJ Hospital. There might be more to the story, as the investigation continues. There is a lot of curiosity and a lot of questions in the minds of the commoners.