Shah Rukh Khan is the love icon of Bollywood. He has followed his passion and never looked back which led him to be one of the most renowned actors in the world. He is optimistic and hardworking and also the family guy who is always there for his family. SRK is called “King of Bollywood”,”Baadshah of Bollywood” and “King Khan” but he did not get this recognition overnight, he worked hard and diligently to reach his place.
Here are some of his achievements that prove the titles given by his fans:
1. He has won many awards for his brilliant and flawless acting which includes awards like Filmfare for his first film ‘Deewana’ in the ‘Best Debut’ category and ‘Best actor’ category many times for movies like ‘Baazigar’,’Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’,’Dil toh Pagal hai’, and ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Devdas’, ‘Swades’, ‘Chak de India’ and ‘My name is Khan’.
2. People love his ability to romance on screen but do you know, he bagged an award for “Best Villain” category for the movie ‘Anjaam’. He has also won an award for ‘Filmfare Critics Award for Best Perfromane’ for the film ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ and ‘Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor’ for ‘Mohabbatein’
3. In the year 1997, he won the the ‘Best Indian Citizen Award’.
4. In 2002, he won the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence’ in the ‘Field of Entertainment’.
5. We are all proud of the man who is nothing but sheer class but this will make you love him more. He got the ‘Padma Shri’ award in 2005, by the Indian Government which ranks fourth among the highest civilian awards in India. In 2011, the ‘UNESCO’ gave him the ‘Pyramide con Marni’ award after recognizing his philanthropic work.
6. If you a fan of motivational speeches and SRK you are in for a treat. He gave a speech at the TED talk on his thoughts about ‘Humanity, fame and love. ‘He launched the ‘TED Talk India’ and described it as the biggest achievement of his life.
7. He also received an honorary doctorate at the sixth convocation of Maulana Azad National Urdu University in Hyderabad.